Bardominiums, known as “Barndos,” derived its name from the word “barn,” which means a building used for agriculture or other purposes. Livestock such as cattle, horses, etc. Also, it is used to store grains, fodder, and pieces of equipment. The “bardominiums” was once a concept of building area to even serve as residence to animal caretakers. But in this recent time, they have taken a turn from being just a great structure to much more of a utility space; customized living rooms, dining spaces, vast and spacious corridors, fireplaces, well-furnished and fancy bathrooms, kitchen places, and whatnot. Another significant aspect of it is, modern bardominiums can serve as holiday destinations, inns, etc. That is why farmers/ranchers are focusing a lot on it.
Why Bardominiums Are Useful And Why This Shift
- Building a house is costly and time-consuming. And not always, farmers can keep agricultural pieces of equipment in their houses, and many don’t want to either. Moreover, the traditional barns were designed to keep the agricultural equipment and livestock. And then, rooms were to be built to accommodate caretakers. But not always can farmers afford caretakers. In that case, maintaining a house and a barn separately becomes extremely difficult. It is a great way to combine house vibes and barns under a single roof in such a situation.
- Modern bardominiums are constructed in like no time. Reduced time of construction even lessens the construction cost. The time duration of construction may take up as like six months.
- Steel framing, as well as metal siding, paves the way for a good time of lasting.
- One may think designs are invariably dull. But this is somewhat not the case with which I am discussing. Many decorative designs and styles are available to choose from the lot and materials to be made up, such as steel, wood, etc.
- Maintenance of bardominiums is easy if compared to traditional houses.
The Different Styles
Bardominiums are an excellent piece of an experiment. It calls for newer ideas to feed into the styling of such house cum barns:
- The traditional style is the most common style, with simple structure and simple framings and yet elegant on every angle. One can think of it as the least creative one, but still, it is the first choice of anyone who wishes to get one done. The simplicity in the design also calls for a budget-friendly construction.
- The practical design is the industrial structure. It serves the purpose of keeping the barn in the first case excellently. It is not suitable for a homely feeling.
- Nowadays, wooden design is on the trend. The wooden furnishing gives an aesthetic look that is beyond good vibes. It is the best choice for building a fabulous homely and trendy makeover for these bardominiums.
However, there is some lousy side to building bardominiums. Those are listed below:
- Materials out of which bardominiums are made are not always corrosion-free. And wooden materials suffer rotting at some time or the other. There are ways to protect these structures, but it will add up costs.
- As the structures are immense, not all places will erect one.
- Another issue of concern is that the majority of these are single-story houses. So all decorations and customization are limited to a single set.
So, we see that bardominiums are great in many aspects and with many styles to choose from the list. But as everything has a good and bad side, these do have the same.