Even the most well-maintained homes in Austin may need renovation & repairs after a point. Roofing of your home doesn’t merely protect your family from the elements but is critical for the structure of the building. Roofing materials can last for as long as two decades, and it’s necessary to invest in repair work as needed to avoid the need for replacement. Top contractors like Reilly Roofing even have warranty on the work they do. For your help, here’s an overview of when to call a roofing contractor and how to find the right one.
Signs of roofing damage
Ideally, you should get your roofing inspected by a professional at least once in five years. There are also telltale signs that your home roofing needs attention. Signs include –
- Damaged or missing shingles
- Evident damage to shingles
- Shingles appearing dark/damp in color
- Sagging roof
- Spots or water damage to the ceiling
- Issues with other components of the roof
Seeking help for residential roofing
Time is extremely important when it comes to repairing residential roofing. If you have found signs of damage or wear & tear, call a contractor immediately. Here are some things to consider when comparing options.
- Look for immediate response. Many contractors offer 24 hours emergency services in Austin, and they are your best bet. If a roofing company takes too long to respond (more than a day), look for other options.
- Next, ask the roofing to do an inspection to know the extent of the damage. Do not accept a quote on the phone. The estimate should be inclusive of all expenses, including taxes, and it’s important that you check there’s no room for hidden charges.
- Is the company licensed? A roofing contractor should share their license number when requested. You need to also check if the company has liability insurance. Compared to many other renovation tasks, roofing jobs often involve considerable risks.
- Ask if they offer a warranty on the job. This is particularly important if the contractor is doing extensive repair work or is replacing the roofing materials. Whatever is promised should be included in the estimate.
- Check the reviews. What other clients in Austin say about a roofing contractor is as important. Find out if the company has good reviews, and you can also ask for references.
Ensure that the contractor you choose is locally owned and operated.